Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fantasy Football, year 3

The time has come for Fantasy Football to start.....I am always hopeful at the beginning of a new season. The draft is fun, until rounds 12-14 when you don't even recognize the players names anymore and you find yourself just picking someone because their name is cool. This year's draft took place on Saturday night at Jamie's house. We were going high-tech with our draft selections immediately input into the league website. We still had our cool draft board where we place the stickers representing the players we have chosen. I was LUCKY (insert sarcasm) to be #11 out 12 players in the draft order. We do a snake order so that means I get 2 selections right together. This then leaves me plenty of time to chat, show Rachel photos from Facebook and kid the other girls about their selections.

I drafted a pretty good team. I chose RGIII as my QB which was a risk because he is a rookie, but I knew based on the lack of talent on the Redskins team, he would start. He had a good pre-season and I was hopeful he would have a great rookie season, like another Heisman trophy winner I know that had an awesome first year (Cam Newton!).

Had a great time with the girls in our league and teasing everyone about their selections. Hopefully I will fare well. I placed 1st and 2nd in the past two seasons. Not hoping for 3rd this year, but rather a rebound back to 1st.

my team...for now....until i start trading and moving folks around!

the ladies in the league....great fun!!

No comments: