Monday, April 4, 2011

Run Lisa Run!!!

So excited that I completed the Germantown Half Marathon on March 20th!! I have not run a half in a LONG time and was determined to train for "something" alongside my Ironman training husband. I was running zero, zilch, none at Christmas and started the following week and was amazed at my progress!! How I found the time to fit in working out/running during busy season at work and while Gary was training doubly hard I have no idea but I did and am so proud of myself for completing the half marathon. I was inspired and hope to continue the running this spring and summer and keep going all the way to the St. Jude half marathon in December. Will be fun to be an employee of Alsac/St. Jude during the next half in town!! My goal was around 2:15 which would be around 10 minute miles....the first 8-10 miles were great. My half way point was just over an hour and I was really feel great. The temperature at the startline was 60 degrees but by the end it was 80 degrees! Miles 11-12 were tough and I just kept going even though I knew I was losing time. Gary and the girls made a HUGE sign for me and I first saw them around mile 5 and then again across Wolf River at mile 8. Laurie DeSouza and her girls were at mile 6 outside Houston High School and that was a fun surprise. Uncle Blair was a fun surprise in Cameron Brown Park at a water station. Mom and Dan were at the finish....I think they were amazed I was still upright!! It was definitely warm. So glad to finish, get my medal and bask in my accomplishment. I finished in 2:19...would have loved to be faster, but that is for the next one. Caroline was upset I did not "win" as Gary's friend Lesley rocked it and finished in 1:31 and got 3rd overall female and more than just a finisher medal.

my fun sign!!


at the finish line!!! all the zyrieks....great cheerleaders!!
so proud i did it!!

No comments: