Tuesday, April 12, 2011

All I want for my birthday is.....

ALL Anna requested for her birthday was to get her ears pierced. Of course when she first approached us about it she told us she was the ONLY one in her class without earrings. I quickly squashed that by chaperoning the 2nd grade field trip to Lichterman Nature Center and carefully noting that the girls in her class were about 50/50 with pierced ears. March rolled in and Kennedy got her ears pierced and Anna asked every.single.day about it!! I had originally said 12 years old because that is what I did but when she kept asking and asking, we decided it would be fine. Anna had seen a friend get her ears pierced after a party at Sweet and Sassy. She understood what was involved and still seemed ok. I made an appointment for her at Merle Norman (where coincidentally I got mine pierced) for Monday after school. She was thrilled and so ready for it. Gary, Caroline, Mary and I accompanied her and she was awesome! She picked out the silver earrings and never looked back. They looked great and she cannot wait for the 6 week trial period to be over so she can wear some new earrings of her own choosing!

No comments: