Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rookie luck??

This was my rookie season in the fantasy football arena....and I loved it!! It definitely brought out my competitive nature but it was mostly just fun. I got really lucky when my two drafted QB's failed to do much of anything (Jason Campbell and Vince Young) and I picked up Michael Vick. NOt the most liked person these days due to his dog fighting conviction but he was every fantasy football player's dream. He even earned 57 points one week which was a huge deal!! I had a fairly even record during the regular season but brought it on during the playoffs. Due to some lucky breaks (Adrian Peterson not playing against me in the 2nd round of the playoffs) and some strategic moves I prevailed. The group met for lunch today so that Rachel could hand off trophy she has held for the past year to me and to generally just catch up. This group of women are so nice and sweet and genuine. They mostly go to church together with Rachel who invited me to the league (do you think she is questioning that move now??) and they are competitive for sure. The second place finisher couldn't make lunch...I think she was intimidated by me (just kidding...busy kids' schedules on a Saturday). Looking forward to next year where I am sure I will be 3-10 or something like that!! Fantasty football definitely changes the way you watch the NFL games but it is awesome!

can't you just feel the excitement of rachel handing over the trophy??
the champion!!
7 out of 10 of the players in our group enjoying lunch at huey's

No comments: