Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cozy Coupe Derby

During the snow/ice days last week, the girls found many ways to entertain themselves. One activity they started doing was by having Cozy Coupe races. One of the girls would ride atop the Cozy Coupe and the other would push it up and down the entry hall. So, I guess I win Mother of the Year for allowing my girls to do this. We even shot a video of it and posted it on facebook. They had a blast. They resurrected the game today while I was on the phone with Gary's mom. Gary was over at a friends' house working on his bike. Suddenly the laughter and giggles that I normally hear when they do this turned into a scream and lots of tears coming from Anna. Caroline was oblivious. I told Mary I would call her back and went to go and assess the damage. Anna's lip was swollen, blood on the floor and SHE LOST A TOOTH!!! Now I really win Mother of the Year honors!!! I remained calm so Anna would stay calm. This was a tooth that was already loose. I called my mom to come over and help keep Anna calm and Caroline out of the way while we got Anna cleaned up and the floor as well. Once Anna realized she was going to be ok she was pretty excited about it. She told me last night she thought her tooth was never going to come out and she was going to have it when she turned 8 years old!! Anna was excited to tell Gary when he arrived home and is anxiously awaiting the tooth fairy's visit tonight. She claims she gets more when there is an "accident" involved in losing a tooth. So far, Anna has lost 3 teeth. I pulled the first....she swallowed the second unknown to any of us at the time and today the floor knocked it out. Wow...what's next??

the calm after the storm....she is thrilled to have a smile with a gap!!
the cozy coupe....resting quietly after the derby

1 comment:

Rachel Baker said...

I'm glad to know someone else who has serious teeth issues at their house. No one can believe that Wilson knocked both teeth out while sledding, and we didn't even know it. And yes, the tooth fairy brings more when there is an accident involved. :)