Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursdays = Ballet

On Thursdays Anna takes ballet at Ballet Memphis. Her class is called Discover Dance 5. She has not learned the "positions" of ballet yet but the skills are becoming harder this year. She LOVES to get dressed up for class. This year they get to wear tights under their leotards which is a big deal. She asked me today after class when she got to use the barre in class....that's next year! Here's a picture of Anna once we got home from class and she was practicing with a Bella Dancerella DVD. The music drives me insane but she loves it.



On the way home from Ballet Anna asked when she could stay home from school because it was boring. Keep in mind she LOVES school and talks about it all the time. She wanted to stay home because I worked from home today which in her mind = play time! I told her that in kindergarten she had to go to class every day she was not sick. Her response was she wanted to quit school. I said "OK...how are you going to get a job if you can't read?". Her quick witted response: "I'm going to be an art teacher. There are no words involved!"

No comments: