Monday, September 15, 2008

Soccer season is underway

Sunday marked the beginning of Anna's second fall soccer season. Gary is her coach and has "quite a team" this year. Anna scored her first goal last year in the final game of the season. Anna can be a fickle player enjoying "taking breaks" and sipping water from her water bottle. I had to leave town on Sunday before the season opener to head to Atlanta for work. I received a call shortly after the game was over and here is how Anna relayed the details of the game:


1. I scored a goal!

2. We scored 6 and the other team scored 4 which means we won.

3. Daddy is a great coach!


She was super proud of herself and her team. To clarify, in her league at church, they don't keep score but I guess Anna has learned to do it on her own! I'm super proud of her for scoring a goal and for having such a great coach! Below is a photo of her before I left and she put on her shin guards.







No comments: