Thursday, July 19, 2012

St. Jude Peoria Run, Take 2

I was asked to join the first day of running on the St. Jude Memphis to Peoria Run. I did this run last year and ended up running around 7 miles. It was projected to be a little cooler this year but still in the upper 90's with the heat index over 100. I still thought it would be great to join the group of fundraisers and see if I was stronger this year since I have been consistently training and running since December. I am a lot stronger! I felt better when running and could tell my endurance has increased. I got in over 9 miles this time and felt good. It was a very warm day indeed but we took our turn running a little at a time and took breaks to rehydrate which was essential!

some of our crew waving to our cheerleaders before we left

jeff, me, cecilia, chris, sara and robert all joined in on the run. missing is rick, our ceo who was speaking to the fundraising runners before we all headed out.

at the end of our day. hot, sweaty and worn out but we all had a great day!

No comments: