Monday, October 3, 2011

Backyard Camping

The weekend brought with it fabulous fall temperatures!! Gary bought a tent with the girls on Saturday and we all camped out in the backyard. It was great to hang out with the girls and enjoy the fresh air. We were very curious if the girls would last the whole night. They were great and I think they would enjoy "real" camping. Gary and I thought we could try the backyard for a few times before venturing out anywhere.

We all have warm sleeping bags which helped since the temperatures dipped into the 40's overnight. I think I need to invest in a pad to put under my sleeping bag because the ground is not forgiving!! The girls woke up about 7am and were so excited to be in the tent. Ally felt a little left out and quickly came out to see what was going on once she heard us stirring around. The girls were all set to sleep outside again last night but chickened out after heading out there with out Gary and me.

I love fall!!
jumping in once gary had set up the tent to get their space ready
getting all snug in their sleeping bags
they stayed the whole night!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's awesome! I would probably be frightened to even camp in my backyard, but good thing your girls aren't wimps like me! :) Maybe next time yall can make smores!