Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I was glad to have my mom back in town this year for Mother's Day. Last year was the first year she had been out of town as she was helping with my brothers' kids while my brother and sister-in-law were overseas. We enjoyed a nice day at church and then something new for lunch. We went to the Botanic Gardens for their Mother's Day Jazz Brunch. What a treat! The weather was perfect...a little warm in the sun, but after such a crazy spring of wild weather, we took a calm and sunny day. The girls enjoyed the Japanese Gardens area where lunch was set up. The food was yummy, the girls fed the koi fish in the ponds and we all took a carriage ride around the gardens when we finished. It was great and relaxing and best of all I did not have to do any of the cooking!! When we got home I requested "quiet time" for the family, which mostly meant "Mommy wants to take a nap". Everyone obliged and I got in a quick 1 hour nap which was very refreshing.

For dinner we had Dad, Julie, Lizzie, Blair, Kim & Benjamin over. We made homemade spaghetti for dinner and enjoying getting everyone together. The kids love having their youngest cousin (not for long as Benjamin will soon have a little brother) over to play and Benjamin thinks he has stepped into Toys R Us when he comes to our house. Fun times and good fellowship and of course I took no pictures of the evening festivities.

Overall, I am so blessed to be a mother to Anna and Caroline. Please oblige while I am sappy. I know they try my patience and leave me very little peace in a day, but I would do anything for them. I pray daily for their good health, their futures and our family. I want them to have the luxury of being anything they want to be when they grow up (which at this point in time has Anna being a teacher and Caroline a fashion diva). I would not trade my time with them for anything and I know one day, when there is peace in the house and the girls are at Auburn (PLEASE!!) that Gary and I will look around and wonder where the time has gone!!

all the girls before church


the 3 generations after lunch feeing the koi pretty girl caroline awesome day!!
big girl anna
on the carriage ride

1 comment:

Rachel Baker said...

I must admit that I am very jealous when I continue to see these cute Kelly's Kids dresses that I know you paid $5.99 for. I have to remind myself that I was out of the country, and you didn't just not invite me to go with you to the outlet sale.