Monday, June 22, 2009

The heat is on.....

This is a very hot summer so far....so hot the heat index was over 100 this weekend. MLGW is loving all the air conditioners running at full blast but I am sure our checking account won't love the bill at the end of the month!!! We have enjoyed spending time in the pool but even yesterday the water was warm and our feet were burning walking around. If this is what June is like, we are fearing August which is typically our hottest month. Even so, no complaints from the kids about the heat. I try to walk the dog each day but wait until almost dusk because she is worn out by the end. Even so, I must admit that I love the laid back times of the summer. Makes me wish I was a school teacher with summers off, but then how would I possibly entertain the kids all the time?? This week is VBS at church for Anna and Caroline is only going to school 3 days so they can have fun with my nephews Blake (5) and Drew (2) that are in town from Texas while their parents enjoy their 15th anniversary in Turks & Caicos. More pictures of the fun with the cousins to be posted later this week. Stay cool!!

caroline looks like a bug with these anna's goggles on...gotta be like big sister!

gary with caroline. the vest is awesome. definitely good for our escape artist!!

1 comment:

Rachel Baker said...

I am with you on the heat...what is this about? It went straight from May to August in my opinion. Our pool feels like a hot tub.