Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun visit to the Big D

I took my mom and the girls to Dallas for a long weekend to help celebrate my nephew Blake's 5th birthday and to do some other fun things. We left on Friday right after the girls were dismissed from their last day of school and drove to Little Rock and flew a Southwest Airlines flight to Dallas. It was so great to have my mom along, especially on the drive when the DVD had finished or on the plane. The girls had SO MUCH FUN with their cousins. My nephew Blake turned five and Drew is only two days younger than Caroline, so they matched up perfectly. We enjoyed family time, pool time, Blake's party at Pump it Up and a trip to the American Girl Doll store (separate post!). We flew/drove back home on Monday night and then proceeded to pack up for round 2 (girls to my parents' house and Gary and I to Jamaica!). Great trip indeed!


mimi with the big kids, blake and anna
anna having fun at blake's pump it up party
the zyrieks girls enjoy the slide
the birthday parents, lydia and james
blake blowing out the candles on his handy manny cake
sassy caroline at the swimming pool

No comments: