Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Little Night Owl

I got home last night around 9:00 from my supper club, which by the way was so good at Ciao Bella! Anna was finishing up reading with Gary and Caroline was asleep in her room. I always kiss the girls good night even if I arrive home after they are in bed. So, I was going to tip toe into Caroline's room and give her a kiss. I walked and and she was not in the bed! I looked around and just by the light of her nightlight I spotted her reading a book in her chair. I think I startled her but got her settled back in bed. She instantly decided she needed to go potty. I took her to the potty and then tucked her back in the bed and sang her a favorite song. Then, the fun began. We kept hearing Caroline talking in her room. We decided to let her talk a little bit and figured she would fall asleep soon since it was getting to be well past her bed time. Around 9:30 or 9:45 Gary decided to go up and make sure she was headed to bed. He walked into her room to find her with her nightgown off and pull up off reading books in her bed! Gary laughed so hard I had to come and check it out. Caroline thought it was the funniest thing ever. She is WIDE awake. About 10:00 I am downstairs getting things ready for this morning and I hear a noise in the den and just think it is Gary sitting down to watch a show on the TV. I keep hearing it so I go out to check it out and it is Caroline helping herself to something to drink!! She is hilarious. I put her back to bed for the LAST time and after talking and singing to herself for a while she fell asleep at 10:30 last night. She did sleep a little later this morning however I hope this trend does not continue!! She was making us laugh with all her antics however little miss crazy does require her beauty sleep!!

No comments: