Thursday, February 19, 2009

What's in a name??

Here is a transcript from a conversation I had last night with Anna while she was in the bathtub:

A: Mommy, what is my name going to be when I grow up?
L: Anna
A: No, mommy, my LAST name.
L: I don't know Anna.
A: Why don't you know?
L: Well, honey, it depends on who you marry. You have your husband's last name.
A: Really?
L: Yes.
A: Well, I am going to find somone with a GOOD name and one that is easier than Zyriek.
L: That sounds like a good plan.
A: Maybe I can have a name where I won't always be last.
L: There's something to having a unique name, Anna.
A: That something is called being last.

Hilarious. She was so honest and forthright in the conversation. Gary and I have had lots of conversations with Anna about having a name that is at the end of the alphabet. Not much "cool" spin we can put on being named Zyriek other than it is unique and if things are in reverse order you are first!

Who knows....maybe she will marry the owner of AAA Moving Company or someone with the last name of Aaron and then she can always be first!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Baker said...

That is so funny. You are going to have to practice that speech a lot, I bet. Kessler asked me what his name was going to be when he grew up the other day. I told him it would still be Kessler, and he said he wished it could be Mario.