Sunday, February 22, 2009

Anna and the eye chart

Anna accompanied me to the eye doctor on Saturday for my check up and her first eye exam. She was pretty apprehensive about the whole thing even though she had been with me before and seen how everything works. This time was for real in her mind. She did great! She charmed Dr. Lee and his staff without much effort. She MEMORIZED the eye chart and told me when I missed a letter. She thought it was strange that I could not even see the big fat E at the top without my glasses or contact lenses in. Anna will more than likely be nearsighted like Gary and me as she is one step in that direction. She does not need correction now at all but the eye doctor indicated she may in middle school which was when I first had to get glasses. Anna managed to convince me to buy her some cool sunglasses and the staff let her pick her own case to match. She was very proud of herself. All in all, Anna did great and ended up wearing her sunglasses most of the day....she had her eyes dilated and thankfully it was a cloudy day. She told everyone she needed her sunglasses to help her see better!! She's gone 2 days without losing them, but check back with me in a week and see if we still now where they are.

Anna waiting for the eye doctor to see her.

No comments: