Friday, May 24, 2013

Zoom through the Zoo

Gary has been in Denver all week, so I was doubtful I was going to be able to race the Zoom through the Zoo. This is a 4 mile race through the Memphis Zoo grounds and surrounding park area. It is a great race, although it can be a hard four miles if the weather does not cooperate and the humidity is high. Last year I ran the race with Lauren. I had just started trying to improve my times and do better than a 10:00 mile. We ran almost exactly 40 minutes, so it was my goal to beat that time this year. I secured someone to watch the girls during the race which was great and gave me no excuse to sit on the sidelines!! It was cooler than last year and my confidence was higher since I had been on a steady training plan for a while. My official race time was 38:16 which shaved two minutes off of last year's time. Not bad for a weak training week leading up to the race with Gary being out of town. My Garmin said the course was actually 4.08 miles, so my time for a true 4 mile race would have been shorter. You have to go with the race results, so that was fine with me. Making progress which is good!

robyn hanging with the girls

finish line pic taken by anna

glad I raced....making progress!

No comments: