Saturday, May 26, 2012

Zoom through the Zoo

Zoom through the Zoo is a 4-mile race literally throughout the Memphis Zoo grounds. Gary did the race last year and I thought I would give it a try this year. My friend Lauren and I ran it together and Lauren's husband Zack ran it as well. Gary and the girls were awesome cheerleaders. It was a very hot and humid night for the race, but it went well and we enjoyed a nice dinner at Cafe Eclectic afterwards. I need to do more races this summer to get used to the Memphis heat/humidity. Does not sound like a fun time, but hey, what does not kill you makes you stronger, right?? I am looking forward to the Memphis Runners Road Race series that starts in July and leads right into the St. Jude Half Marathon. Should be a nice way to hold me accountable for longer runs and have a great group to run with for the races.

**Luckily my uncle was the runner club photographer for the night...poor Gary tooks tons of pictures but accidentally deleted them!!

gary and the girls at the start line

lauren and i at the finish

No comments: