Monday, June 20, 2011

Kelly's Kids craziness

It's that time of year again....the Kelly's Kids warehouse sale. I initiated 3 new friends into the club of those that are crazy enough to travel to Natchez, MS and endure many many women that are in love with the clothes of Kelly's Kids. This was my third trip to the Natchez sale. My friend Rachel has always wanted to go and has been giving me a hard time for over a year about wanting to go next time there is a sale. Last year, the sale was on Memorial Day weekend and Rachel and her family were sailing on a cruise all over Europe so the sale was not in the plans for her. She has been commenting all year on my blog when she sees my kids in their Kelly's Kids clothes that I paid very little for at the sale last year. So she was the absolute first person I contacted about going to the sale. This sale was going to be on Saturday the 18th of June (we found out about it with about 1 week advance notice) starting at 9am. Originally Gary had a triathlon that day and my mom/stepdad were on vacation so this was going to be tricky to work out. Rachel was so thrilled and we ended up making it work all around. Rachel invited 2 other friends that I knew and we loaded up on Friday after work and drove to Natchez.

This sale had all clothes priced at $5.99. That is pretty cheap. In the past the majority have been $9.99 or $14.99 with a few lower priced items. This made for much larger crowds. We arrived at the warehouse about 7:30 and it was very crowded. I reassured the girls there would be plenty and indeed there was. They opened the doors over a half hour early and we started the dash to the sizes we needed. You could definitely tell that people had cleaned out some things early (that would be the people that SPENT THE NIGHT!!) but we still had plenty to choose from and select for purchase. We all made it through once and put our clothes in the car. Very sore arms at this point from carrying everything around. We decided with nothing in our arms we would venture back in and look at the discard racks and see if there was anything else. We all ended up with at least 3-8 items in our second round. Such fun indeed.

I purchased 42 items including a few accessories. The total purchase represented about the price of a 3-5 outfits so we definitely made our trip worth it. Everyone bought at least 35 items and Rachel found matching clothes in the boys and girls items as well as specific things she was looking for to coordinate with outfits she had back home. It was great!! Back on the road so Tiffany and I could make it home for Beauty and the Beast at the Orpheum. Great trip. Missed my friend Laurie this year. She makes a great partner since we have girls the same size! Next time Laurie!!!

I did steal a few of Rachel's pictures...may look familiar if you follow her blog too!


tiffany, leigh anne and me ready for the sale!


craziness inside the sale as people sort through their stacks
my trunk after round one...round two added even more!

1 comment:

Rachel Baker said...

I'm starting a waiting list of people who want to go next time...ha ha! Such fun...thanks for working everything out and being such a great tour guide!