Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Beginnings

I am so excited that I have accepted a new job!! My time in public accounting is coming to a close....a 13-year run that has been a fantastic base for me to build on for the rest of my career. I will be joining ALSAC, the fundraising arm of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as the Executive Director of Finance and Administration. I will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. ALSAC/St. Jude have both been clients of mine for over 5 years and they approached me back in December about interviewing for this newly created position. I was nervous but excited about the possibility of starting a new position. I survived the extensive interview process and the waiting process and will be starting on April 18th. I'm currently wrapping up my work at Deloitte and helping my team work through the 10-k filing for ServiceMaster. I am excited about taking a few weeks off....enjoying time to relax, celebrate Anna's birthday, host Gary's mom for a visit and travel to New Orleans for Gary's IronMan race all before starting my new adventure. St. Jude is an amazing organization that treats primarily childhood cancer patients through clinical trials all without an obligation to pay for treatment. That is how critical ALSAC is to the picture as they raise the money required to operate the hospital, all at a cost of approximately $1.3 million per day. That's a lot of fundraising!! While I will be sad to close the door on public accounting, I am thrilled at the possibilities ahead of me!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Congratuations! They are getting the best!

April S. said...

Congrats!! Enjoy your time off before you start the new job!