Monday, September 20, 2010

Run, bike, swim....Anna style!!

Anna had her first triathlon on Sunday hosted by the Memphis Thunder Triathlon group at St. George's. Gary is a member of the group and was thrilled Anna actually wanted to do the triathlon. I was nervous beyond what I could have even imagined. I was worried she would not be able to finish or would crash her bike or would get frustrated in transition (the hardest part in my mind) or just get tired. I was so relieved that she a) finished b) no crashes c) did well in transition with everything she had to put on after the swim and d) had a smile on her face after each stage! She was so excited to finish. She was glad she was not last to finish and really enjoyed it. Of course it was the hottest day possible....97 scorching degrees, but no complaints from Anna other than she was hot and tired by the end. I could not have been more proud. Gary was beaming and she was so thrilled in her own shy way with her medal around her neck. Of course I have now been reminded that I am the only person in the Zyriek household that has not completed a triathlon in 2010 or EVER. Not sure about that one......Anna is already saying she wants to do another one someday. I am not sure there are any other kids triathlons scheduled for this year but can get her running some this fall and then see what the spring brings! Yay for Anna!!!

ready for the swim

looking good on the bike

strong finish for the run

we were so proud of anna!!!

showing off her medal!!

No comments: