Friday, September 3, 2010

Postcard project

Anna's second grade class has embarked on a project to receive a postcard from each of the 50 states....international locations are welcome and are an added bonus. Each time a postcard arrives, they mark it on their giant wall-sized map and they learn about that location. We sent out lots of messages last week and are reaping the rewards. Anna has received the most so far in her class and those have been from Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, Washington, Alaska, California and Illinois so far. She loves to see them roll in with a message to her included. We are anxious to see the project develop and see what all they will learn. I think this is one of the better projects I have been associated with and really gets the kids excited. If you would like to send one to her class from your state, just send me an e-mail and I can get you the address.



the mailbox used to store all the many postcards that have arrived for the 50 state project

1 comment:

April S. said...

great project! send me the address and I will get my mom to send one from Lousiana. you can email me on fb if you want so i dont have to put my email address on here.