Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day....a day I have often stressed out about trying to plan for others. I've tried to tell myself that it really is not that important to worry about but still I think that is just part of my nature. This year was one of the first years in my memory that I did not see my mom on Mother's Day. She was in Dallas keeping my nephews Blake and Drew for a week while my brother and his wife were in London. I did feel sorry for her being by herself. My brother and I both sent her flowers and we celebrated with mom at our house before she left, but still not the same!! Dad invited all the kids that were in town to dine at the hotel on the campus of U of M for Mother's Day. We had a great lunch, enjoyed the company and had a great day. The weather was a little cool, but overall a nice day. The girls were great (Caroline kept thinking it was my birthday) and let me chill out for the afternoon. I was very appreciative!! I enjoyed the nice flowers, cards and my best present was a new color printer/scanner for our office at home. This may sound dorky, but Gary and I have had the same printer (no scanner) for the entire time we have been married....yes, 12 years. It has served us well, but it is time to upgrade seriously. I think Gary is also tired of hearing me complain about being downstairs on my laptop and not being able to print wirelessly. He solved all the problems. Yay!! Maybe now I can scan in old pictures onto facebook and embarrass my life-long friends!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!

the girls posing ever so sweetly with me before church

No comments: