Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

We are off to South Dakota for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning bright and early, ok, not so bright if we take off at 6:00 AM!!! Call me crazy but that flight was the cheapest ticket available. We've done it before and the girls did very well. It gets us to Mary's house a litle after 10am with the time change. We have been packing and thinking ahead about our trip. Last night at dinner I asked the family to tell what their favorite part of Thanksgiving was and here are the responses:

Gary: Spending time with my family and this year my mom

Anna: Eating good food and seeing my family

Caroline: Not eating pumpkin pie and hugging my family

Lisa: Eating pumpkin pie and relaxing

This year will be a little different since we are out of town but we will truly enjoy God's glory in nature when we relax at Mary's house in the Black Hills. We may be able to sneak in some Black Friday shopping....there are a few stores out there : )!!

Final thought....Gary's mom has turkey and deer on her land that the girls really enjoy watching and feeding. Caroline asked me this morning if we were going to eat the turkey from Gammy's backyard....Of course we are not but I can already sense a small protest on the part of Caroline in case her plate includes what she fed last time we were in town!!

Happy Thanksgiving....I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: