Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today's science lesson: the toilet

Caroline woke up this morning with all of her "favorite things" in her bed beside her. Lately that includes Ra-Ra (#1 baby doll), Be-Be (#2 baby doll), a book that we did not get time to read the night before (because she wants to read 100 books each night), her monkey (that makes very whacko noises, thanks Gammy) and a small baby bottle that she uses to feed Be-Be. On Wednesdays at camp, Caroline's class has water day at 8:30, so to make things easy, the teachers ask that we send our 2 year olds to school with their suits on under their clothes and a swimmy diaper. To avoid filling the swim diaper immediately (which I don't think takes too much!!), I had Caroline use the potty when she woke up...not her favorite thing to do lately. She went and was all excited and all her favorite things were in the bathroom with her waiting on her. Right when she flushed the toilet, she decided to throw in the baby bottle that she feeds Be-Be with....well, so starts the science lesson of the day. Immediately, Caroline has a look of horror on her face and cries out "Where's Be-Be's bottle?". I knew it was gone. But to humor her I asked Gary...."Anything we can do?" to which he promptly replied "No...sorry". Caroline is now standing naked in the hall crying, no let me correct that, wailing for her baby bottle that has gone down the toilet. We try to calm her down which takes a while. In enters big sister. Anna hugs Caroline and said "One day when Mommy was walking Ally, I flushed my ring that Gammy gave me down the toilet and it was gone." I am now saying to myself "Is that where that ring ended up that we looked all over this house for?!" This seems to help Caroline a little bit but she is still sobbing. She slowly calms down but continues to ask every few minutes before leaving for school, "Where's Be-Be's bottle?" I told Gary that we should look on ebay for a replacement and what do you know...someone is selling 2 of them for $1.99 and the auction ends tomorrow. I will be promptly bidding and WINNING that auction tomorrow!! So goes the science lesson for the day. And to think, in school, I was a math whiz and hated science.

No comments: