Saturday, July 11, 2009

I finished!!!

Today, I came out of retirement to run my first 5k in a LONG time. I have been running for the past 6 weeks or so and thought scheduling a few 5k's would be good motivation. It has been the HOTTEST 6 weeks in Memphis in my mind for June/early July. Nevertheless, I was determined to finish without embarrassing myself. I ran the Hope 5k this morning and managed to finish a little bit over 31 minutes, which was not too bad. I would love to get faster, but I will take a finish at this point. Gary brought the girls out to watch the race. Anna has primarily watched bike races in her life so hopefully I can get some cheers from her for my running. I am definitely motivated to keep running a do a few more races. Maybe this brutal heat will subside?? I fear August!!

my cheering section

i finished!!

vickie, lisa and danna from deloitte

No comments: