Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wrap up of the Road Race Series

The final two races from the Memphis Runners Road Race Series were the 10 mile race at Shelby Forrest and the Half Marathon along Singleton Parkway.  I had heard lots of folks say the 10 miler were tough due to the hills but that it was their favorite race. I was a little worried but was trying to stay confident. The hills were brutal and it had turned a bit cooler which helped, but I did it and was felt great about it. I tried to stay under 1:40 as that would be 10:00/mile pace and figured that was decent based on the terrain. I finished less than a minute from my goal, so I was thrilled. It was definitely a workout!!  The half marathon was flat and and out and back course. I was ready and hoping for a good showing. I was shooting for under 2:10 and finished slightly over 2:06!! I was super excited. My fastest ever half marathon is 2:05:27 with Gary at St. Jude so really thrilled. My work with my coach is paying off and I am hoping I can shave a minute off that time and beat my personal best at St. Jude on December 1st. Such a great running series and glad that I did it. I ended up doing 7 of the 10 races and did one of each distance.  Bring on the St. Jude half marathon!

Rachel and I at 6:30am before the race started!

At the finish line for the 10 miler!!

There I am finishing up the half marathon!!

No comments: