Friday, March 9, 2012

Grandparents Day x 2

Harding hosted Grandparents Day on Thursday for the entire school! The kindergarten students had a program at 8am followed by time in the classroom. The elementary students hosted their grandparents at 1pm with programs in the classrooms.  Dad and Julie were on spring break in Texas and Mimi and Papa attended with the girls.  Caroline's program had a few sweet songs. She said the grandmothers were all crying. They gave awards for the grandparents that had traveled the farthest (definitely not my parents since they drove 1 mile!!) and who had the most grandchildren at Harding (six!!). They enjoyed time with Caroline.

Anna's class had a program based on a timeline and variousinventions through the time of the grandparents.  They had memorized parts and were in character for the program in the classroom. They definitely took time to prepare and present! It was pouring down rain at the time of their program, so glad my parents got there early and were not blown away.

I love so much that my children are growing up with active grandparents. It makes it so special to me and to my girls. I think sometimes my girls take it for granted but they will cherish all the memories they have. When I was their age, my dad's parents had both passed away and my mom's mother was in California. My girls are definitely blessed!



caroline with mimi and papa

anna's class ready to present!

welcome to the grandparents!

No comments: