Wednesday, January 25, 2012

38 and counting.....

Happy Birthday to me....of course, I have zero pictures of myself from my birthday because I am always the one behind the camera. It was a great day, even few days of celebrating. We started back several weeks ago in Dallas with a birthday cake and fun with my brothers and sisters and Dad and stepmom. That was great as I never get to celebrate with the out of town family. Gary and I went out with our friends Zack and Lauren to the Grizzlies game on Saturday night to celebrate and enjoyed Muddy's cupcakes after the game. That place cracks me up. We got there at 10pm on Saturday night, and there were tons of people in line to get a cupcake!!! Monday night after Caroline's cheerleading game we headed to dinner with my mom and stepdad. Yummy food at Huey's always hits the spot! They brought over Gigi's cupcakes on Tuesday as a surprise. Those things are huge and filling!!

Tuesday morning brought a tough running workout so I got up at 4:45 as usual for a morning workout and headed to the gym. Wish it was a sleep in day for sure!! Got my workout done and when I got home, the kitchen was all decorated with balloons, flowers, cards and gifts from Gary and the girls. So fun!! I loved it. Nothing like a little celebration at 6am!!

My friend Megan made me a cake at work and we celebrated with our department that afternoon. In our finance division there were 9 birthdays in January! We have had a LOT of cake and cupcakes this month and glad for the calendar to turn to February where we just have one!

Gary had a sesion meeting at church that night so we just met up at Moe's after that for a simple, kid-friendly and approved b-day meal. Overall, great day. Lots of love on FB and from phone calls, texts and e-mails throughout the day. Caroline says I am now "the next number" as she got so used to saying I was 37! Here's to 38 and beyond!!
fun decorations by gary and the girls

yummy cake at work!

No comments: