Monday, August 22, 2011

Fantasty Football Draft

Time to get excited about football season...both college and pro!! I love college football and am excited that games are just around the corner, even though I know that Auburn is not going to be very good and this season will be vastly different from last season. Pro football season approaching = fantasty football draft time. Last year was my first time to compete in a fantasy football league. I was WAY into it and won the league. It was fun to watch the games in a different way and Gary had his league and it was fun to compete against him as well. My trainer at the gym kept trash talking me but look who ended up on top and who ended up not making the playoffs? : )

Sunday night we met at Rachel's house for our draft. We started mid-afternoon and enjoyed appetizers and desserts. I drew the unlikely last draft pick of the first round. Since we do a snake style draft I always picked 2 players at a time picking the last pick of each round and the first pick of the next round. Kind of made it hard and it was hurry up and wait every time. I found an easy way to make sure I got at least a few top tier players was to change to a different position when it was my turn and pick the top player for that position. Ended up beneficial to take this strategy.

Laurel wins for bringing the best theme dessert with her hamburger and french fries dessert which was actually cupcakes with brownies inside and sugar cookie strips for the fries. They were yummy and ended up being a large part of my dinner!!

I think I have a good team but no one really knows.....We had fun, lots of good fellowship and I look forward to defending my title!!
look at these yummy treats by laurel!

our league members, minus 1. almost minus 2 until we called tiffany to remind her!

our completed draft board. the final rounds end up being a joke because no one is left!

No comments: