Friday, October 29, 2010

Harvest Parties

Both girls had their harvest parties this week on Thursday for Caroline and Friday for Anna. I am room mother in Caroline's room with another mom, Shawnelle, and luckily I was prepared and had most everything ready in advance before my one day trip for work to D.C. Of course my travel home was horrific through Atlanta (I enjoyed a luxurious one night stay in the airport after departing my airplane at 1:45 a.m.) but at least I made it home to Memphis in time for a shower and in time for the party at 11am.

helping caroline with her cookie decorating

caroline with ava...her mom is the other room-mother

happy harvest! glad i made it in time!!

Anna's class had a special snack and got to watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown movie. It was fun to spend some time with the class and to see how fun they are. That day was the end of Red Ribbon Week at school and the theme was "Life is not a fairytale...say no to drugs" so all the kids got to dress up like fairytale characters. With no sleep due to my trip home, we chose a king's robe and crown and she was "King of Fairytale Land"....quite creative if you ask me. Great Friday!! The girls both enjoyed not having to wear uniforms for a day!

king anna
silly at her party

i love my girl!!

No comments: