Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Perfect Fall Day!

It is fall break for my kids this week and I was able to take the week off from work....don't even get me started on the rant of why my kids need a FULL week off from school after 8 weeks of learning, but any-who....we are enjoying our time together. The weather has not been that cooperative so far until today, Wednesday, which I will call the "perfect fall day" in Memphis.

I loaded up the girls and took them to the new permanent exhibit at the Memphis Botanic Gardens called "My Big Backyard". This is an AWESOME exhibit and my girls had a fantastic time. We spent 3 1 /2 hours there and could have spent longer had we brought a picnic lunch with us, which we will definitely do next time.

There are so many fun elements to the exhibit which is all outdoors. With the temperatures hovering in the upper 60's/low 70's, it was fabulous. There are swings, a creek to wade in, playhouses, bee hives, a giant tree house/playground, a spider web made of rope to climb on and many other things. I have included a few fun pictures. On the way out I ended up joining the Gardens and the girls are already asking when we can go back.

Such a fun place to take the kids and such a beautiful fall day!!


the girls in front of the "flower beds"
wading in the creek....they loved it!!

the double swing...wish we had this is our backyard!!


anna making music in the "house of rock"

more time in the creek

caroline with her dressed up trunk figurines

one of the playhouses...the house of rock

No comments: