Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What I love about fall......

Fall is definitely around the corner and it is really my favorite time of the year for a lot of reasons.....in no particular order!

1. College football begins.....going to college at Auburn taught me to truly love college football....winning season or not. I've seen Auburn go undefeated and I've seen us not be bowl eligible. Of course it is better to have a double digit win column!!

2. School is back is session. Summer is great and we enjoy the carefree times, but I love the routine of learning and being back in school. Anna started first grade which is so fun to me. I remember first grade at Campus School and know that Anna will love it.

3. The cooler temps. August in Memphis is usually dreadful with a multitude of 100-degree days. Of course this summer that was June. I'm eager for 60's and 70's for the highs and breaking out the jackets and sweaters.

4. New television shows. I don't watch a lot of television. The few shows I do enjoy include The Biggest Loser, The Office and The Amazing Race. All start their new seasons over the next 10 days and I'm so excited about it.

5. Fun holidays. Don't get me wrong, Memorial Day and Flag Day are great, but I love Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Times for fun, family and fellowship indeed.

6. Fall = Festivals/Fair. We've already enjoyed the Delta Fair and the Germantown Festival, but there are plenty more where that came from. I enjoy perusing the wares of many artisans as well as cute gifts I can buy for others for Christmas.

7. Nature. Love to see God's beauty through the changing of the leaves and the transformation in nature.

So glad that fall officially starts next week....right around Caroline's birthday. It's a crazy busy time for me at work and at home and I am anxious to enjoy it to the fullest!!

No comments: